3 Simple Ways On How You Can Decorate Bedside Table
Bedside tables are often neglected as many people spend more time checking out decor ideas for their living room, kitchen, and maybe outdoor decor since these are areas guests spend more time in. However, the bedroom is just as important as other parts of the home, if not more important, because it is your most private room. Hence, the bedroom decor should be taken just as seriously. Apart from ensuring that you’ve got the right theme, color scheme, and decor for your bedroom, you have to consider how to decorate your bedside table to fit into the overall decor.
A nightstand provides a surface for essential items you may need during the night or at dawn. Things like a book you’re reading, your spectacles, a glass of water, a lamp, a flower vase, or any other item you deem necessary. It also provides storage. Many bedside tables come with little drawers for storage and generally add beauty to your bedroom decor. Some unique bedside tables can also double as a stool like the one in the picture.
Now that you know why bedside tables are an essential aspect of your bedroom decor, you’re probably wondering how you could decorate in such a tight space. Don’t worry, we’ve got you. That’s why we’ve come up with simple ways to decorate your bedside table to give it a Pinterest-worthy look.
Things You Should Consider Before Buying A Bedside Table.
- Convenience: how close is the table to the bedside? You need to consider this because it would make it easier to pick up and drop stuff on the table without having to leave the comfort of your bed. Try this: before going for that particular bedside table you want to decorate, lay down on your bed and stretch your hand towards the table to see if you can pick things from the table without straining or trying too much.
- The type and texture of the bedside table: bedside tables are made in diverse ways. Some are more like antiques and wouldn't be able to take on much weight. On the other hand, some are sturdy and able to take on considerable weight, especially if it comes with a storage drawer. Some are made of glass, some with a smooth wood finish, which entails care so that items don’t deface the table’s surface. Others are created with strong wood like oak, mahogany, and can last for a very long time. So depending on what you hope to achieve, buy a bedside table that suits your purpose.
- Size of the bedside table: there are various bedside table sizes; as far as it works for the space between your bed and the wall, go for it. You need to consider your table’s size to make sure your decor arrangement fits in properly.
Easiest Ways To Decorate Your Bedside Table
- Work in threes. Start with your tallest piece to the shortest. This tip works all the time as it ensures the table is neither overcrowded nor too sparse.
- Use practical items for the bedside decor. Don’t crowd your table with stuff that you may not need.
- Don't leave the lights out. One of the essential items that should be part of your decor is table lamps. They are so important because they provide illumination when needed, rather than putting on the bedroom lights every time you need to use the bathroom or read a book before turning in to sleep.
You can check out our furniture collection for more nightstand decor ideas. If you found this article helpful, kindly let us know in the comment section.